Saturday, April 21, 2012

Final Blog Assignment

Throughout this course I have learned a great deal of the issues and trends within the early childhood field. Although, I was unsuccessful in obtaining an international resource, I learned gained a breadth of knowledge from my colleagues as well as from podcasts and websites. Included in my knowledge are three consequences of the international early childhood field which are: communication, applying research and career development.

Through the consequence of communication I am able to utilize the communication resources of the Internet, email, and telephone I am able to connect with others across the world as I seek to gain more knowledge of the early childhood field.

Through research, I can compare and contrast the similarities and differences in the EC field in the world. Allowing myself to analyze this field globally has given me great insight into how to make my personal program a high-quality program.

While I learn of the global EC programs, I think of how great it would be to be able to travel to another country and participate in an EC program. I passed on teaching English in another country during my undergrad years and I seem to regret it. I believe that such an experience would allow me to grow as it pertains to my career.

One goal that I have as it pertains to my international awareness of the EC field is to dedicate time out of my schedule to conduct weekly research about the field internationally. Learning of the policies and etc of international programs will assist me professionally in gaining more insight as well as ideas for my program.

1 comment:

  1. Anetria,
    I was not able to make a personal connection to an international colleague in our field either but I too still feel like I gained a great deal of new knowledge through the pod casts and web sites. I must admit, I had not investigated the global issues before so fo me this coursre provided many opportunities to increase my knowldege base. Thank you for sharing all that you found.

    ReplyDelete