Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Meaningful Quote

"What noble employment is more valuable to the state than that of the man who instructs the rising generation?'   -Cicero

This quote is meaningful to me as I see the positive influence that I have on children in any setting. I think back to moving to a new school in the third grade and becoming a tutor to a child that was in the second grade. This child is now one of my best friends. Through teaching (back then I thought I was just helping) not only have I given back to others but I have also made a lifelong friendship. I also felt the intrinsic rewards of helping and knew that helping others, especially children was what I wanted to do as adult.

2 comments:

  1. Your had a gift of teaching at an early age. I can relate to your experience because I loved to help people such as a teacher when I was younger.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get away from it while I was in college but one can't run from his or her calling.

    ReplyDelete